As part of our collaboration with Mama Mio, we have compiled 10 handy tips on how loved ones can help support someone who is expecting or has just given birth. It’s always handy to help with small things around the house, or treat and pamper mum with some of Mama Mio's indulgent skincare products.
Mama Mio are the pregnancy skincare experts, with over 18 years of experience and are known for their iconic, award-winning pregnancy-safe skincare formulas that protect and nourish skin from bump, to baby and beyond.
- During the third trimester even changing the bedsheets can feel like 20 minutes in a wrestling ring: mum vs fiddly fitted sheets and a 13.5tog double duvet! Washing and changing the bedsheets once a week is a great place to start.
- Plan a babymoon: it’s a chance to unwind and relax together before the baby arrives. Whether it’s a weekend away or day at a relaxing spa, any mum-to-be will appreciate the time together. Take with you the Mama Mio Pregnancy Travel Kit, which is miniature versions of all her pregnancy essentials.
- It’s the little things that make the most difference! Why not stop by with some pre-prepared meals and snacks before the baby arrives. This will allow the new family time to put their energy and time into bonding with their little one once they’re back home.
- As she draws closer to her due date, certain body parts can start to ache (usually legs, feet and breasts), pamper mama-to-be with some soothing skincare such as Mama Mio’s Pregnancy Boob Tube and Lucky Legs Cooling Gel. For the ultimate top to toe pamper, why not opt a gift set which includes both of these, like the Bloomin Lovely Pamper Pack.
- When the due date is fast approaching, you can make mum feel prepared for the new arrival by helping her pack her hospital bag with all her essentials.
- Help mum relax, sleep easy and soothe her senses as well as her bump with Mama Mio's Tummy Rub Butter, gently scented with a 100% natural calming blend of lavender and mint.
- Chores chores chores… it’s handy to maintain a regular laundry routine so that comfy clothing is always fresh for her and the baby.
- The shopping list and weekly food shop is also a nice task to take off their hands too (it’s so easy to sort a food shop online nowadays if that’s easier for you).
- Remind her that you’re thinking of her even after her baby's arrival. Treat her to some ultimate postpartum, self-care essentials like Mama Mio’s Keep Calm Nipple Balm and Mama Marks Cream – The Ultimate Stretch Mark Minimiser!
- Keep a camera handy so you can capture moments she will cherish throughout her pregnancy and beyond.